MAC Week. Review #1 Pink Plaid



Hey guys. So I have been VERY naughty. And bought quite a few new MAC lipsticks. 6 to be exact. Isn't that terrible? Whenever I go into the shop, I can never bring myself to buy anything, as i=I think it is bloody expensive! But online, nothing can stop me. 

This week, everyday, I will be reviewing one each day this week! So if you don't like lipstick reviews, I'm sorry! Come back next Monday and all will be back to normal! 

Now to get me started, I put one in my basket, that is my ALL TIME favourite lipstick, which I have sadly lost. But no doubt, it'll turn up again soon. This lipstick retails at £14.50, and is in the permanent collection (YAY)

MAC describes Pink Plaid as a dirty blue based pink. You can't really tell the bluey tones from the photo, and from just looking at it for that matter, but swatched and on the lips, you can really tell! And as its blue- based, it makes the teeth look whiter, instead of giving them a yellowy look. 

It is a Matte finish, which is my go-to-finish with MAC. As they aren't drying. Alot of matte lipsticks you can get are really drying. But also, it doesn't hydrate the lips either so pairing with a lipgloss would be lovely. I wouldn't wear this lipstick on a day I have really dry cracked lips because it can settle into the cracks and thats never a good look! 

The packaging on this product is the same as every lipstick in the permanent collection, a charcoaly-black bullet shape, with silver features. I'm unsure as to how this would look on a extremely tanned person, as I am pale and suits me well. (When you're boyfriend comments on a make-up item suiting you, it must look alright) Its super pigmented, as are most lipsticks from MAC, and has the staying power for around 4 hours on me without eating or drinking! 

So yeah, I love this lipstick so much! Nothing not to love about it for me. It's a bluey-pink, it's matte, and it stays on forever.

Love Hannah
xxxxx

1 comment: