HOW TO CLEAN MAKE-UP BRUSHES - FAST!!

Hi guys! Washing brushes used to be SUCH a chore for me. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this. So since starting on my make-up course, I learnt that make-up artists use Surgical Spirit to clean between clients, it takes 10 minutes tops and around a similar time to dry. Rather than have to stand over the bathroom sink for 20+ minutes then wait overnight for them to dry. I bought my spirit from Boots for less than £5, and I think they sell it at most pharmacies. 

What you need is;
Dirty brushes,
Surgical Spirit,
Glass of water,
Tissues.



 First thing do is wipe the dry excess off on a tissue, to get all the grub off that can be taken off.
Then I pour some of the spirit in the cap of the bottle and dip the brush in and start wiping it again on the tissue. 
 Then keep on wiping the brush on the tissue in swirly motions until nothing more comes off. 
 Then dip the brush in some water, I do this to get rid of the strong stench of the spirit off the brush, and the wipe again on the tissue until it runs dry.

To dry, balance the brushes with the heads over the edge of a side, and leave for about 10 minutes. Obviously the bigger brushes will take longer to dry, but this is great to do if you're getting ready to go out somewhere nice and need clean brushes pretty pronto. 

By no means am I saying this is the best way, or do I know if this is the right way. But it's the fastest way I know how and thought I would share with you all.

Love Hannah
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment