QUICK AND EASY SOUP RECIPES

Hi Guys! I was a bit unsure about posting this as I wasn't sure if anybody would be interested! But this is my blog of what I'm getting up to so thought what the hell! I have 2 quick, easy and fairly cheap soup recipes for you! They can be tweaked and things can be added to them as you please, this is by no means a set recipe, or how they're MEANT to be made, this is just the way I do it! Enjoy! 

Soup #1 - Vegetable 


So first things first is the ingredients!
3 Carrots 
1 Onion
3 Leeks
5-6 Broccoli branches
2-3 Cauliflower
1/4 Swede
1/2 Bag Pearl Barley
1/4 Bag frozen peas
2 Stock cubes (I used chicken stock)
A pan 3/4 full of water

What I tend to do first, is put the stock cubes in the water, and whilst you bring that to the boil, start to chop the veg up. I love it chunky, but you can do it in little cubes or whatever you fancy. Once the water has boiled, pop the veg in carefully and you pretty much leave it simmering for 1-2 hours. Keep checking and stirring the soup often because it'll burn and stick to the bottom of the pan. (Which gives EVERY bowl that comes out of that batch a horrid burnt taste.) You can season however you like, I usually just put a little but of salt, not much because stock cubes can be quite salty, and pepper. 

Soup #2 - Lentil


 Now, let me just say before you scroll and see the finished product. IT LOOKS SO GROSS with these green lentils. I would say go for normal split lentils, and it has a nice yellowy colour rather than a stodgey brown. It still tastes the same though. SO down to ingredients;

1/2 Bag Lentils
A pan 3/4 full of water
2 Stock cubes (again, I used chicken)

 All you do for lentil soup, is let the water boil first, then put the lentils in. It may look like too much liquid at first, but just leave it because it'll more than likely be too little! Keep this on simmer too for 1-2 hours, and keep stirring. 


And there we have it! I know the lentil looks SO disgusting, but TRUST me on this one, its really nice with some seasoning in too! It probably could have done with some more water added to it. But hey ho, it comes out different every time I make it.

I'd love you guys to try them out and tell me what you think of them! Super easy and healthy! 

Love Hannah 
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment