DIY MAKE-UP BRUSH CASE

Hi guys! MY FIRST DIY POST! And it's a make-up brush roll bag thing! I was searching for ages on the internet to find one but somehow, I couldn't :(
So I decided to make my own, and take you guys along with me!

 What you need;
Some fabric,
Pins,
Ribbon,
Rotary cutter/scissors,
Make -up brushes,
Ruler,
Chopping mat.

 Now what I did first, was organise my brushes into piles; face, eyes and detailer. I then placed them onto the fabric (I decided to change it from what it was in the first picture) and then I cut into the size I wanted. I haven't put a specific size for the length of fabric because everyone has different amounts of brushes, so would be wrong of me to say a specific size
 I then cut about 3-4 inches above where the tallest brushes end so that it will make a flap and protect the top of the brushes.
When folded over, it should look like the above.

You then need to cut another piece of fabric, which comes to about 3/4 of the way up the brushes. This will be what holds them in
 Make a marking on that bit of fabric to guide where the pockets will be.
 Then turn the fabric over, so the 2 right sides are together and pin. 
 Then take to the sewing machine and sew the bottom hem together. 

 Then do the same with both the sides.
 You'll then notice that the edge above the side hem is twisted. So I folded it over and stitched with a zigzag stitch. 

 do that with both sides, and the top. 
 You may need to iron the seams of the fabric flat, but if not leave this bit out. Although, it wont do any harm doing it. 



Find the pocket markings and do a straight stitch up until the doubled up fabric ends. 

 Then finally add your brushes to the pockets. I made mine bigger so theres room to add more if my collection expands. You can also create individual pockets, by measuring out the size of each brush, then straight stitching again. 


Then finally roll up and add a ribbon! 


I LOVE this! It was so fun and easy to make. I would love to see anybody elses if they've used this tutorial to help them 

Love Hannah
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment