Gymophobe



Okay, so something that has been a big part of my life for the best part of a year now is excerise. I've never been one to be big on working out. Like most, I have been members to numerous gyms, numerous times. None of which I have been able to stick to for over 3 months. UNTIL NOW.

This time last year, I joined the gym AGAIN. But this time, with determination.

I know I'm not the only one who goes into a gym, and just willy nilly go on the equipment, hoping I'm going at the right speed, using the right weights. Not making the most of the free weights, and floor space that most gyms have to offer.

The Training Program.

I would love to say that I was one of those people who knew how to use the equipment, but sadly, that's not the case. So I got me a program. In which you make an appointment with a gym instructor, and you talk through what changes you'd like to make to yourself, and nows the time to set yourself some personal goals.  My aim was just to improve overall fitness, aswell as weightloss.

But my thought was that of: focussing on overall fitness would then lead to the weightloss?

Unfortunatly, as an avid time watcher, spending 15 minutes on a treadmill looking at a screen of calories, distance, and the slowly moving time wasn't for me.

After less than 2 weeks of the longest 40 minutes of torture 3/4 times a week, I was ready to give up again.

The Gym Classes.

If I didn't enjoy the gym classes, I was ready to just throw in the towel and accept the fact that I was never going to be an exercise queen.

But gym classes are great. They are motivational, paced, group exercises in which you can still work to your own ability. For someone who can leave the gym after 15 minutes through sheer boredom and lack of motivation, to stay through 2 classes, which can total up between 90-120 minutes, is a massive achievement and difference.

One thing that I also love about the classes is that the routines are ever changing. Some have a 3 month cycle, and some change each time depending on the instructor and style of class.

My first class was Legs, Bums and Tums. As I thought it would be gentle enough to break me into exercising in a group environment. I LOVED IT.  Over the course of the year I have tried most classes. Some I have loved and haven't missed a class since I discovered it. Others, not so much.

I can't promise the classes will be for you, as I have brought friends along with me who just haven't enjoyed going. But if you haven't given them a shot, and you have struggled like me. Please try it.



I am lucky enough to have a couple of really good gyms around me that have a variety of classes on offer.  Some of my favourite classes are Body Jam and Body Pump. Click here to find a class in your area to get you started!

I have a few other exercise posts in mind coming up within the next few weeks!

Love Hannah





1 comment:

  1. I love your gym buys. I've been planning to go to the gym for like ever but just can't find the willpowe to get the ball rolling *sigh* What did you do to get your gym mojo up and running?
    I'm now following you on GFC, please follow me too?
    louiseabenamensah.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete