Illamasqua 'Hollow' Review







Do you remember the time when you first buy something from a high-end brand? Not like I have much from them! Infact, I have very little. But I remember my mum bought me my first and favourite MAC lipstick ever in Pink Plaid. Cute eh?

Anyway, the point of that pointless story is this is my first Illamasqua product. And I love it! Its the cream pigment in 'Hollow'. Now firstly, I would never have gone into the Illamasqua shop to begin with. Lord knows why, but if I don't know what I want from a make-up branded shop, I feel so intimidated. So thanks to Pixiwoo, I marched straight in, knew what I wanted, and marched straight back out! If I was on a proper shopping trip, I would have had a proper mooch around and probably spent a lot of money because the blushers looked beautiful! 

The first thing I noticed and was dissapointed about was the packaging. I'm a sucker for a good bit of packaging and this is just way too simple for me. Even if there was a hinge connecting the lid to the base it would make a massive difference. But these things aren't £17 for a pretty bit of packaging!

The product itself is so blendable, and because I use this as a contour, its perfect for really blending out and building up! I also think it would look great as an eye base, which I think is what it's originally made for! I'm still working out the best way for me to apply this product. So far I've been using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush, and I think on Pixiwoo, Sam uses a buffing brush? Who knows, I'm still tryna figure that out!

All in all, I love this product! No matter what I say about the packaging, it doesn't change the absolute high quality of the product! I will definately be trying out some more Illamasqua products in the near future! 

Love Hannah
xxxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment